Molina School of Jazz is Excited to Welcome Attorney Micheal Patterson to Our organization
Mike Patterson helps businesses navigate corporate, compliance, and securities matters. He has extensive experience in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, equity, and debt offerings, foreign direct investment, distribution, agency and licensing matters, and market entry strategies. He efficiently resolves legal matters by identifying key issues, focusing resources, and executing a plan.
Mike also regularly advises U.S. and foreign clients in connection with the establishment, structuring, and compliance for international operations, including the establishment of international distribution networks. Also known as “Miguel” after a decade-long stint living and working in Central America, he reads, writes, speaks, and negotiates in Spanish. In addition, he has done legal work for clients in Canada, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Highlights of Mike’s experience include:
- Represented a company through its lifecycle of product development, consulting with an international nuclear giant, and selling to that international nuclear company. Handled the successful resolution of disputes over earn-outs in the years following.
- Successful corporate representation of a distribution company in preparation for a coming offering. Managed corporate clean up and due diligence. Preparation of the first SEC “plain English” pilot prospectus for an initial public offering.
- Worked with Italian owners of a manufacturing company to address their many questions about cost, timing, United States and international legal, cultural, and business issues, to planning and budgeting to formation of an entity and coordination of services to get them quickly into business in Arizona.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Presenter, “The Ultimate Guide to Starting Your Business,” Arizona Commerce Authority Small Business Boot Camp, January 25, 2022
- Presenter, “XBorder Mexico Real Estate Issues,” College of Estate Planning Attorneys, January 3, 2019
- Presenter, “Qualified Opportunity Zones,” Southern Arizona Mayors and Arizona Regional Economic Development Foundation, November 27, 2018
- Governor’s Arizona-Mexico Commission
- Governor’s Solar Energy Advisory Task Force, 2013